Monday, March 3, 2014

Wednesday 3/5/2014 Class

Camera-phone haiku(s): 
  • What came out of that process? 
  • What could you make happen by looking at a picture? 
  • How did you "translate" image into language? 
  • How did you choose the language that "built" the haiku(s)? 
  • What makes a haiku different than other forms? 

Forward motion poem:
  • How did you imitate Plath's style in "Aerial"?
  • How did you make forward motion happen?  How does she?
  • What is the first image in your poem, and the last?

Art of Syntax, pages 127 through 144, starting with "Snake" poem.

Emily Dickinson on poet.org

I heard a Fly buzz (465), Emily Dickinson

            
I heard a Fly buzz – when I died –  
The Stillness in the Room
Was like the Stillness in the Air –  
Between the Heaves of Storm – 

The Eyes around – had wrung them dry –  
And Breaths were gathering firm
For that last Onset – when the King
Be witnessed – in the Room –  

I willed my Keepsakes – Signed away
What portions of me be
Assignable – and then it was
There interposed a Fly –  

With Blue – uncertain stumbling Buzz –  
Between the light – and me –  
And then the Windows failed – and then
I could not see to see – 

No comments:

Post a Comment